Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Did it THEN Pinned It!

This week's version of the Pinterest challenge had me trying it before I pinned it.  I recreated a recipe somewhat similar to the Healthy Crock Pot Chicken I posted about here.  The main difference is Tex-Mex Turkey starts with cooked turkey (or chicken) and thus is much faster to get to your mouth table.  

The ingredients include:

1 lb. chopped, cooked turkey or chicken (approx. 3-4 cups)
1 chopped onion
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
And diced tomatoes. Canned, Rotel or fresh will work just fine.  Use whatever you have on hand.
Cook the chopped onion in 1 Tbsp. olive or vegetable oil on medium high heat until soft.
Add in the chopped turkey,
the garlic powder,
and tomatoes.  If you use fresh tomatoes add an additional 1/2 cup water along with them.
Lastly, stir in the chopped cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cover and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes. 
And there you have it.  Already for tacos or burritos or enchiladas or quesadillas or...
Although this is very, very similar to the Healthy Crock Pot Chicken which I think I prefer, it sure takes a lot less time, especially if you have leftover turkey still in your freezer from Thanksgiving. Yup, that would be me.

The verdict is still out about Pinning this one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment