Thursday, January 26, 2012

Fear Not

The Bible study group I am involved in is working through "Taming My Fears" by Carol Kent.  This week we discussed destructive and constructive ways to respond to our fears.  The constructive approach (otherwise known as the OBEDIENT approach) takes us through these steps:
  • Sorrow--Honestly and openly telling God of my fears, sadness, anxiety, anger, hurt, etc.  
  • Brokenness--Again, honestly admitting before God that I can't fix this.
  • Surrender--Submitting to God.  Admitting that I need HIM!
  • Faith-filled decision--Responding in obedience to God's guidance
I played out a conversation with God in my mind.
       
         Me:  "God, I am scared to death.  
         God:  "I know."
         Me:  "I can't get rid of the fear, God"
         God:  "No, you can't."
         Me:  "God, would you do it for me, please?"
         God:  "Now, we are getting somewhere!"

 God's paths get you where you want to go. 
Hosea 14:9 (MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment